Friday, September 18, 2015

CASE Challenge #41

Another fun day on the tennis court.  There were tons of peeps at the club, but not our usual crowd! My husband and I were hitting very well today.  He was cracking the ball so hard, the he broke his strings and we just picked up the racket from the stringer before our match---only 2 hours of use!




Anywho...I've saw the CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #41 and wanted to play along.  I need a few birthday cards coming up so I thought I would make one.


I've been wanting to play with some more subtle tones, since my last few cards have been a bit on the bright side.

Here's what I came up with...




I started off my stamping the background of the card with the latest Simon Says Stamps background ABC stamp with plain Versamark ink. I wanted just a little bit something on the card, but not too much.  I then cut out and stamped the center piece with the same background stamps.

I die cut the sentiment from some card stock added a bit of distressed ink to give a bit of dimension.  I used the floral die on glitter paper.  Once everything was cut out, I just glued everything down.

Pretty simple and straight forward!



Supplies:
  • Bazzill Card Stock:  Lime Crush, Rock Candy, Taffy
  • POW Glitter paper
  • Simon Says Dies:  Floral, Happy Birthday
  • Simon Says Stamps:  ABC Background
  • Distressed Ink - Shabby Shutters
  • Versamark Ink
  • Avery Elle Pigment Ink:  Mint to Be

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Susan! I love those SSS dies and your subtle colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love those diecut words! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete