Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Scary Challenge

Wow, another hot day today.  I beat the heat by playing some doubles tennis this morning super early. We met up for a bit of coffee before tennis---and later realized that Irish Iced Coffee is probably better after tennis!  Hard to top that for a nice social tennis match with the girls. After tennis, I had lunch with a friend, then a focused on some work--down to the home stretch on closing this deal!





I finished this card yesterday, but was able to take the photo this afternoon.  The inspiration came from two different challenges:  

CASE This Sketch #133 for the design...




YNS Color Challenge 19




And the colors from Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #19.  The YNS Color Challenge requires you to use at least 3 of the 5 colors, so I focused on the Waxed Lips (red),  Grapefruit  (yellow) and Taffy (greyish).  






I just love this guy from the Silly Monsters set from Your Next Stamp.  I colored him with my copic markers cut him out along with some fun foam and adhered him to the taffy card stock.  I stamped some different size hearts around the monster, the inspiration from the CASE sketch and stamped the sentiment underneath!

The taffy card stock gives this a bit of a masculine feel, which I like as it seems I'm always in need of a few cards for the guys!  Let me know what you think!




Supplies:
  • Bazzill Cardstock:  Taffy, Waxed Lips, Marshmallow
  • Your Next Stamp Set:  Silly Monsters
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Avery Elle Pigment Ink:  Mimosa
  • Versafine Ink:  Satin Red

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is too cute! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Susan! Great way to combine the challenges. The little monster looks so good with those colors. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Silly Monsters are one of my favs from YNS. The colour challenge works great for this card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully it's cooled down a bit for you, Susan. This is such a fun card; I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for hanging out with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute.. I love the color on the Kraft cardstock. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete