Saturday, March 25, 2017

Less is More - Frame

It's been a bit of a rough week, but things are smoothing out.  Hopefully, we are in the clear for a bit.

We do have a new challenge starting over at Less is More!  Our challenge theme this week is "Use a Frame". Here's my take on the challenge.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!




I started off by stamping the main image on my cardstock.  I then cut the smaller rectangle. Then I colored the dog with copic markers.  Once colored, I masked off the dog and added the clouds.  I had also stamped the balloon on a scrap of cardstock and colored it with copics.  I then put the piece back together glued the balloon and added the hearts to the side.  The final touch was adding the sentiment.

I haven't decided if this will be a birthday card or just a "hello" card! I guess I won't know until I use it!


Here's a close up of the card.  You can see that I used the inlaid die technique to create a frame.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!












Supplies:


13 comments:

  1. How cute is that dog with the balloon.. Aaaww! :) Great coloring and fun clouds -I've tried sponging similar clouds a couple of times but have ended up with hot mess. :) The hearts add a lot of sweetness too. Thanks so much for having me as GD at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is way too much fun Susan! Your inked clouds are perfect (how do you get them so good?) and the balloon heading out from the central image is a brilliant touch. Sorry to hear you've had a bad week. Hope this week is going to be better for you hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is ok Susan! Thankfully sounds like your rough week has got a little easier as it went by. Back to your card which is oozing cuteness and as ever beautifully cheery and CAS. Love your minimalist frame idea and wonderful colouring. Hope it's a better week coming up. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this design, Susan! The inlaid frame is a brilliant idea, and it's such a fun scene. Love how you've kept it within the frame, but with the balloon popping off the top. The little hearts pull it all together and look really super. Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute card and I love how you have created those clouds. Super card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. je viens de faire un ptit tour sur ton blog ....j'adore ce que tu fais bravo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Susan! I love the subtle framing along with that cute image and scattering of hearts. It is sure to make the recipient smile :) I hope that this week is better than last x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of the frame in this fab card Susan !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great way to frame up that pup! I have that set and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable ! I love your CAS design with the inlaid frame ! It's a gorgeous and great idea that I have to keep in mind, above all the balloon on top of it ! And this dog is so cute and perfectly coloured ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card Susan - the way the balloon extends the frame is a great way to add visual interest to a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so super sweet! Love how you extended some of the elements outside of the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super and cute card here Susan, just love it ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete