Saturday, December 23, 2017

Less is More - Sketch



Christmas is nearly here...yeah....while super chilly outside, it is so sunny that it is not quite feeling like Christmas!  Guess we better take advantage of the good weather...it may not last!


We have another challenge starting over at Less is More.  This is a two week challenge, and our theme is a sketch.  Here's the sketch...and my take on the challenge.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

I like making inlaid die cards because it is so much easier to mail.  So I did that with this card.  It was a bit tricky with all of the balloons, but worth the effort!

I used distress ink to color my balloons.  Stamped the sentiment and felt that it needed a bit more, so I added a few stars!

I drew the balloon strings and all done!











Here's a close up of the card.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

10 comments:

  1. A fun and vibrant take on the sketch Susan and I absolutely love it. No harsh lines just oozing fun! Have a wonderful Christmas and a perfect 2018. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seriously, can anything beat bold and colorful balloons as a birthday card design?! I think not!! I adore this, Susan!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful with all these inlaid ballons ! Love the colours, they make the card even more joyful ! I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and an Happy new year 2018 ! With love, hugs ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks stunning, Susan! I love the colors you chose for your balloons and it was a great idea to ink them up -they look very "lively" -they would look a lot more flat if cut from a colored card! Wonderful design. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't realise that these were inlaid until I came over to take a look! Fabulous vibrant colours and a happy birthday design which has made me smile! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and I look forward to seeing all of the inspiration that you share in 2018 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job in-laying the balloons in the corners, Susan. Love the fun colours. Great take on the sketch. Hope your Christmas holiday was fabulous. Happy new year and have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Susan. Your cards are always so full of vibrant colour and fun. Great inlaid die technique too. Thanks for your fab Christmas card and here's wishing you a happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late visiting this one, Susan, Christmas and flu has completely stolen the last fortnight! But wow, what a fabulous design to chose for this sketch, and as always, wonderfully executed! xx

    ReplyDelete