Saturday, December 31, 2016

Less is More - Dimension

One more day of 2016!  Boy did this year just fly by.  I'm hoping for a better 2017, as we have had some difficult challenges during this last year.  But the good news, is that it is ending a it bit more positively than a few months ago!

We have a new challenge starting over at Less is More, so spend sometime in your crafting spot and join in the fun.  Our theme for this challenge is Dimension.  Super fun and lots of possibilities.  Here's my take on the challenge...

I started by using my stencil and adding distressed ink to the card front. I then cut the circle and used the inlaid die technique to insert the red circle after using embossing ink to highlight the sentiment.

I then stamped and colored my main image with Copic markers and popped him up on some foam tape.

Add the sentiment at the bottom and done!





Here's a close up shot, so you can see the dimension I used for the main image.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!








Supplies:


9 comments:

  1. Such a clever and creative play on 'dimension' with the sentiment! Wish I'd thought of that - brilliant idea! Your marching bunny is so cute and beautifully coloured. I love this design and think the red circle sentiment works great. Happy New Year Susan! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sweet mice, Susan and you have coloured him to perfect as always! That sentiment is just so cool too :) I hope you have a wonderful new year with lots to look forward to x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb design and great colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy is so adorable, Susan! I love the stencil marching along with him across the card!! Best wishes for a better year for you in '17 than in '16!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. So perfect and beautiful Susan, your colouring is always so awesome and such striking and yummy use of colours too. Great stencilled BG and a brilliant way to add dimension. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead and hope it's better than the last one! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Love that you used embossing on the sentiment as well as popping the image on foam for dimension Susan. A very clever card. Here's hoping that your 2017 is a fabulous one and better than last year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute, cute card! I love that cute bunny! I rarely buy stamps like the bunny...but then I see a card like this one and think "I really NEED that stamps set!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red circle really makes this card alive, stunning design! I keep resisting not buying this stamp set but always when I see cards with it I feel I simply must get it! :) Your blog is a joy to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late, Susan, it's been one of those weeks....again!
    I loved this card when I first saw it, great layout and the inlaid die cut and popped up image look fab. Looking forward to another year working alongside you xx

    ReplyDelete