Saturday, February 17, 2018

Less is More - Dry Embossing


We have a new challenge starting over at Less is More today.  Our theme for today is dry embossing.  The challenge is to do this in a bit more of a CAS manner...this can be tricky, but I know you can do it!  Though, don't do what I did...I actually made my card CAS, but used embossing paste...which is wet, even through it does dry :)  So just look at my design and image the hearts in the background as a embossed folder!!




I started my making a template with my heart die on some card stock.  I then simply used some embossing paste that dry's quickly.  I then added a bit of Distress Ink to some card stock and cut my sentiment.  I added a bit of dimension using some foam tape.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful, crisp, clean and elegant Susan - easy mistake to make with the wet v dry embossing and wouldn't it be just perfect if there was an embossing folder out there with a grid of hearts....maybe there is! I'm on the lookout! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although this isn't strictly dry embossing, what a corker of a beautiful card, Susan. I love it! If I wasn't a cardmaker this is exactly the type of card I would buy, fabulously CAS. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Susan! Such a pretty look with the ombre sentiment over the hearts. Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully CAS ! I've never think of embossing paste not being part of the dry embossing. I was only thinking of not being heat embossed but you're right, it is first wet before drying. I think I have to change a little bit my post and not mention this technique. Anyway, I love your card just as it is, gorgeously CAS with this beautiful cripsy pink sentiment ! Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely and you are so right....less is definitely more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a stunner this is! Wonderfully CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply wonderful Susan and your contributions to LIM each time are simply flawless. I'm so sorry that it didn't work out that we could meet up when I was in California the other year... but maybe one day!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet and CAS... love the ombré sentiment. That heart design as an EF would look great. 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super-CAS design Susan and the hearts look great behind the sentiment. Easy mistake to make with the wet/dry embossing, but a super card xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the layout in this, those hearts are super cute and especially wonderful being white on white!

    ReplyDelete