Saturday, June 25, 2016

Addicted to CAS - Fly

Time for another fun challenge over at Addicted to CAS!  Hope you have time to join in, you will have the opportunity to win a gift certificate to one of my favorite shops...Create a Smile.  They have so many fun stamps!





Our theme for this challenge is Fly!  Lots of ways to go with this one.  I thought I would focus on a card for my friend Hatsumi, who is soon embarking on a journey back to Japan.  I'm hoping she will be back sometime soon!






I started by stamping the plane and coloring it with copic markers.  I then masked it off and sponged in the clouds.

Once that was complete I cut down the image with a rectangle die, then used the inlaid die technique to add it to my card base.  I then stamped a few hearts on the frame and colored them with copics!



Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • Lawn Fawn:  Bon Voyage, Puffy Cloud Borders, Bee Mine
  • Distressed Ink:  Salty Ocean
  • Copics
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Susan! Love the red hearts matching the plane and creating a visual line! - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your clouds are absolutely stunning, Susan! (I need to practice this technique for sure) ~ I love how you colored the airplane, and the heart trailing behind it was such a fun idea! Really cute card!

    ReplyDelete