Saturday, June 24, 2017

Less is More - Sketch




We made it through a heat wave!  Boy was it hot...but it is getting back to normal starting today! Yeah...we are celebrating with some more tennis with the husband...my favorite opponent :)

We also have a new challenge starting over at Less is More today!  Our challenge for this week is a Sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch...and my take on it!





I started by cutting my waves from colored card stock.  I then stamped and colored my main image with Copics.  I die cut the sentiment and added it to the card.  I then added a bit of Wink of Stella to the balloon popped the main image on some foam tape and done.  Pretty quick and easy!




Here's a close up of the card.  You can see the dimension of the little bear.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!











Supplies:

8 comments:

  1. This is really fabulous, Susan! I love the crisp die cut shapes, warm yet slightly muted colours and the perfect colouring on the bear - awesome combination! The circular Happy Birthday die is going to have to go on to my wishlist (thanks for enabling me!) as every time I see it I love the effect. Have a great weekend teamie! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super cute and cheery, striking take on the sketch Susan! Once again coloured to perfection and such elegant and thoughtful use of the sketch elements. Enjoy your weekend and let's hope it stays that little bit cooler for now! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, what a perfectly executed, stylish and cute card! I think both adults and children would love this design and I love your color palette and fabulous use of dies. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet image, Susan and the trio of colours behind the bear add a great sense of flow to the card! A fab and fun CAS card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...so adorable, Susan. Love this stamp set. Great colour choice too. Glad you survived the heat wave. Have a wonderful weekend playing tennis again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and creative card ! This is the kind of card where I say "but why I did not think about it !!". J'adore ! Your little bear is so cute with its present and its balloon ! We had also a heat wave and we are finally happy to have lost 10 degrees in one day (we still have 25 C which is already quite good !). Have a fabulous weekend on the court or where ever !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may have been quick and easy but you've executed it brilliantly, such great attention to detail. Love the colours, great for a guy card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very sweet take in the sketch. With this color scheme the card works for any gender, and any age too.

    ReplyDelete