Saturday, November 12, 2016

Addicted to CAS - Ombre


We have another challenge starting over at Addicted to CAS.  This week the theme is Ombre.

This one was a bit of a challenge for me. When I think of Ombre, I go to ink sponging which is not my best technique.  But to get better, you have to practice, so I thought I would sponge a rather large section and see how it goes.


Here's what I came up with...looking forward to seeing your design! The winning entry will receive a gift card to Happy Little Stampers!
I started with Salty Ocean Distressed Ink, and lightly sponged my background (after masking it off). Once I had a thin coat of Salty Ocean, I added Chipped Sapphire to the top of the area to give it that Ombre feel. I then stamped, die cut and colored my main image and popped it up on foam tape.I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed it in white.  It still looked a little empty so I added a few stars.


Supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ombre night time sky - and super FUN bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ombre effect on your background, and I love your sweet bear, Susan! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete