Saturday, November 26, 2016

Less is More - Emboss Resist

It is time for another challenge over at Less is More.  For my U.S. friends, take some time from this long weekend and come and join in.  Our theme for this week is Emboss Resist.

This is a bit of a tricky challenge for me, as I'm still not completely happy with my ink sponging. Here's what I came up with, this is actually my second card, as I was not happy with the first one I created, so I went back to my go to simple card layout.

I started my heat embossing my snowflakes at the bottom of this card. I then added the distress ink.
I'm not sure I'm completely happy with this color, but was the best of what I have in my supplies. I heat embossed the sentiment, added a bit of silver foil paper and done! This is an easy card to mass produce...even with the ink sponging!


Here's a close up of the card.  Love these large Christmas sentiments from My Favorite Things!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!






Supplies:

10 comments:

  1. I really love this card design and must admit it's a favourite for me too. It just works brilliantly every time... what's not to like?! You've achieved a gorgeous look with the intense blue over the stylised snowflakes. Love the sentiment, so bold and eye catching! I think the blue and silver go beautifully together. Have a lovely weekend Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue, white and silver for Christmas cards so it's fantastic in my eyes. And the layout is just classic, always a winner. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this colour combo Susan, in Euros so week with the embossed snowflakes and your inking is perfect! Beautiful sentiment too and a perfect take on the technique. Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think snowflakes are so beautiful and I do like these silver beauties being revealed in all that lovely blue! Fab sentiment too. This is a super card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing wrong with your inking from where I am sitting, Susan! I love this layout (a go to for me too) and the combination of silver and blue creates a gorgeous Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue....it really makes the snowflakes pop off the card and a beautiful sentiment. Fab by x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Susan ! I love the colour combo blue and silver, it matches so well and it is perfect for this season ! It is indeed a great design to mass produce. Wonderful ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really striking and beautiful, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Susan. The colour looks absolutely fine - blue and silver are always a winning combo with snowflakes. Your inking is perfect too. Sorry I'm late visiting but it has been one of 'those' weeks for me.xx

    ReplyDelete