Saturday, September 17, 2016

Less is More - Diamond

Time for another challenge over at Less is More.  This week our theme is Diamonds!

I had to get creative with this one since, I don't have anything obvious that would fit the bill.  I've been thinking about anniversaries, and looked up when the diamond anniversary was and here is what I came up with.

I started by picking out my super glitter paper that when in the sun shines like diamonds.  And since the diamond anniversary is at 60 years (wow) ... I came up with this.

I die cut the hearts and used the inlaid die technique.  I added a bit of Distressed Ink to the hearts to give a bit of dimension.








Here's a close up of the card.  I think the little sparkles look diamond like...what do you think?








Supplies:

6 comments:

  1. What a super anniversary card Susan. Great use of the inlaid die cut technique and such funky colours too. Have a brilliant week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used a diamond wedding anniversary for your inspiration, Susan! The glitter paper adds the perfect amount of bling and the inlaid die cuts are so pretty. It is great to see where the theme took you this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever - such a creative take on the theme! I would never have thought of that but it works brilliantly! The inlaid hearts looks fantastic, especially with the DI giving that dimension, and the glitter definitely looks like thousands of little diamonds. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah ! I didn't think about that possibility, very clever take on the theme ! The red hearts and the silver glitter paper make it all ! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your super clever and outside of the box idea for the card Susan. Perfectly executed and brilliantly fun and vibrant. Have a great week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great interpretation of the theme, Susan. And I'm loving that fabulous glitter paper with the sunshine colours. Such a happy card for a happy occasion xx

    ReplyDelete