Tuesday, August 2, 2016

CASology - Watercolor

My husband is feeling a bit under the weather, so I just finished making him some lunch.  Hope he feels better soon!  I'll head out a bit later for some tennis practice, but until then I have a bit of time to enter into the CASology Challenge.


The theme for the challenge is watercolor...one of my favorite techniques!



Here is my take on the challenge...






I started off by stamping my flowers one at a time.  I then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I then masked both flowers and stamped the leaves.  I used Distress Ink to watercolor the flowers the image.

I then played around with the placement of my main image and ultimately decided to put it on a square card.  I always like square cards as they are just a little different!






Here's a close up of the card.  I like how the watercolor paper isn't stark white, adds a bit of softness to this card!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!




Supplies:

3 comments:

  1. Hey Susan!! Such a pretty card!! I love your watercoloring. Florals are are hard from me but you did such a great job. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat work. Your heat embossing and colouring is so beautiful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan this is so fresh and lovely!
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete