Saturday, October 1, 2016

Addicted to Stamps - Watercolor

It has been a bit of a hectic week, but we are hoping next week will normalize a bit.  Gotta find a new normal for the next few months!


We have a new challenge starting over at Addicted to CAS.  Our theme is watercolor!  Typically, I would just pull out my distress inks and go from there, but this time I thought I would do something different...at least, different for me.

I generally take more control with my cards, in fact I have a splatter stamp because I get nervous when I just splatter ink on my card! While this is not new to most of your this is big for me....

I took out my watercolor tube and mixed the red with water and really added a ton of water to my cardstock.  I then just placed in the watercolor and let it move it around.

I'm not sure how I feel about it...but I think I can get away with this for Halloween!

I then stamped, colored and die cut my main image and added the sentiment!

Pretty simple!




Here's a close up of the card.  My first whimsical watercolor background!










Supplies:


6 comments:

  1. What a cool background for this cute little vampire, Susan ... such saturated colour ... and fabulous colouring on the scary guy!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your card made me smile. He's a wonderful little guy and that background is just perfect for him. Fabulous card
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya when it comes to a loss of control with watercoloring, but you did an amazing job watercoloring your background, Susan! I love the bold red and whimsical feel of your design...such a fun Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny ! I love your little "Dracula" on this "bloody" background ! For a first try is a total success! Really fabulous card ! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute card! Love the red water colouring you added behind the Count!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and scary, Susan! Love the black card base in combination with his black details - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete