Saturday, April 9, 2016

Less is More - Geometric Pattern

It's been a busy week.  A few tennis matches this week, but my husband is still on the injured list so he has been unable to play this week.  I miss hitting with him.  Hopefully, he will be better soon!

There is another challenge going on over at Less is More #271.  This week's challenge is One Layer Card, one of my favorite challenges, and geometric patterns. This combination was a bit challenging for me.  But in the end, I focused on circles.

Here's what I came up with.  Hope you will join us, we would love to see what you come up with!


For this card, I started by placing my sentiment. I then stamped the string of lights around the sentiment.

I colored the lights in with my Zig Real Brush markers.  I wanted to use these markers, because they are so bright and I thought would fit it great with the sentiment.

After coloring in the lights, I added a bit of Wink of Stella.  And as a final touch I cropped the corners on the bottom of the card.

Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Cardstock
  • Hero Arts Stamps
  • Versamark Onyx Black Ink
  • Zig Real Brush Markers

23 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't believe you had a struggle with this one Sharon! It's perfect! Love the vibrant colours and delicate circular garland. Cas-tastic and fun. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy and bright card Susan. You matched up the sentiment superbly to those lovely strings of lights.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic inspiration! Love your card!!! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fab card again Susan, love the zingy colours you used.Glad you are still enjoying the tennis too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colours really pop Susan, that card makes me happy 😀 I find I add Wink of Stella to everything at the moment! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours really pop Susan, that card makes me happy 😀 I find I add Wink of Stella to everything at the moment! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bright card, just lovely,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Zigs really do shine bright! What a happy, festive card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the colors! Image goes so well with your verse also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bright colours from your Zigs Susan, this looks super

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really cute card, Susan. The sentiment could be changed as it's a design that could be used for anything! Great vibrancy from your zigs too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore this card. It's so eye catching and colourful, and I love designs involving circles so the HA strings of lights are going right on my wishlist! Hope your husband is better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh! Love your take on this challenge!!
    Do drop in and play Paru's Card Making Challenges ..'Anything Goes' April Challenge.
    http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these strings - so bright and fun and they make a fab CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan, lovely rainbow of colours on your fab card !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love your happy card, that's a great sentiment. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great. I love how you put some same color lights together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is just the coolest geometric design card -- so happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is ideal, Susan! So fun and so much movement! I have to tell you that I was startled for a minute by your opening paragraph. I thought at first it said you missed hitting your husband. Haha! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect placement of those rainbow lights. I love it!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous brightly coloured card - love it x

    ReplyDelete