Saturday, April 16, 2016

Addicted to CAS - Rain

It's been a wonderful week and now there is another challenge over at Addicted to CAS.  Come on over and join the challenge, as you will have the opportunity to win a gift certificate from our wonderful sponsor Stamplorations.




Our theme for this challenge is Rain!  I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with this one, so this is my third card that got the go ahead from the husband (aka, my #1 fan).

Here's my take on the challenge...

I started by cutting a mask with my cloud die.  Then applying some distressed ink to make my clouds.  I then stamped my rain drops, then the sentiment.

To provide a bit of color, I added a few little sun shapes to the base of the card and colored them in with copics.

I then added a bit of foam tape to the smaller rectangle and that was it!





Supplies:
  • Neenah Solar White Card Stock
  • Lawn Fawn:  Stitched Rectangle Dies, Cloud Border Dies, Hello Sunshine Stamp
  • Distress Ink:  Salty Ocean
  • Simon Say Stamps:  My Sunshine
  • Pigment Ink:  Sky Blue
  • Copic Markers
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

5 comments:

  1. A dreamy and gorgeous inky grey sky Susan and a perfect take on the challenge. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masking on your raised panel...and those little sun shapes are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Susan! Your clouds are so fluffy, and I love how you placed the raindrops! Love your sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Susan, this is absolutely adorable! Great sentiment and perfectly done scene for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHH so pretty card. Loved the sentiment and clouds you created. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete