Saturday, October 7, 2017

Less is More - Hot and Spicy

We have another challenge starting today over at Less is More!  Our theme is a color challenge with the theme of Hot and Spicy.  How fun is that!  For my card, I thought I would focus on red---a hot and spicy color!

Here is my take on the challenge.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with..





I just had to use this stamp set when doing anything with Hot & Spicy....so I colored my little chef in read and a warm grey (maybe not hot for those of us who don't like it too spicy it is warm :))

I heat embossed some pots and pans in the corner of my card stock, then used the smooching method to add some spicy red.  I added a bit of foam tape to my chef and added my sentiment.










Here's a close up of the card.  You can see a bit of the dimension.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

8 comments:

  1. Love love love this, Susan! I have to pin this for future inspiration! I love those heat embossed images and the artsy background and your chef is so cute and wonderfully colored. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card, perfect with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and clever card, Susan! I love the splash of red behind your cute chef and the sentiment is perfect for this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the white stamped images against the splotch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a superb background for your oh-so-cute chef Susan and what a great and original take on the 'spice' word. Brilliant use of the warm grey colour too. Have a super week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun Petit Chef and the artsy background made of tomato sauce, pots and pans ! So creative ! Lovely CAS card ! Have a fabulous week ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant take on the challenge Susan with your red hot and spicy background. Beautifully done and that chef is so cute too. Have a fantastic week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this card! That set has been on my wishlist forever and I finally was able to get it....it's on it's way and I hope you don't mind if I CASE this card! It's so perfectly made....Just makes me smile! You are such an inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete