Saturday, October 28, 2017

Less is More - Overstamping

I'm taking the day off tennis...a little too much in the last several weeks.  I need to rest these old bones :)

We have another challenge starting today over at Less is More.  Our theme for this week is Overstamping.  Lots of opportunity here...you can use layer stamps or just stamp over other stamped images.  I don't own any layer stamps so I took another route.  Here's my take on the challenge...






This was a quick and easy card.  I simply stamped my main images with Pigment Ink, then stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink.  Super simple!



Here's a close up of the image.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

11 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set, the retro look of these images is so fun and funky! Great color choices here too and the sentiment pops very nicely! Wonderful CAS take on the recipe challenge. Enjoy your weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the stamped images and th colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a simple example of stamp layering but I adore this card, Susan. This stamp set is on my wishlist. Love the colours and layout too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As your card says : Beautiful ! Why go for complicated techniques when the simplest are finally the most beautiful! Your combination of colours are just fabulous and the font of this sentiment is so beautiful ! Very simple and natural like the whole spirit of the card ! I love it ! Have a restful weekend and have a fabulous week !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft, subtle and beautiful, I was immediately drawn to it. Just stunning, and oozing elegance!

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the theme Susan and that colour combo really suits those funky flowers. A great make! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and so sweet, Susan. Love the images you used stamped in this colour palette. Hope you’re enjoying your rest from playing tennis. Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Striking CAS elegance Susan, beautiful use of colour and images and such a classy and simple take on the challenge. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great arrangement of your flowers! I have this set and haven't yet inked it up - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girgeous crisp CAS design. Wonderful colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete